Sunday, March 18, 2007

what is life

Today, I earned the first money in America.I have a part-time job with my two roommates in the restaurant. Although I earned only 30 dollars, it is very important to me.
In the morning, we got up early, and then walked to the restaurant. In there, first I followed my friends to learn a lot of things due to they have had the job for half a year. Then they asked me to fry some food which the customers ordered and then brought the food to them. My two friends did other works. Although we were a little tired, we were very happy.
I was a teacher in china, and now I did the things which I do not think of. In china, I always spent a lot of time with my friends and on shopping in my spare time. But now I can not do it, I must take care of me by myself. Sometime, when I was in trouble, I used to giving up living here. I missed a lot of people and things. After crying, I thought a lot of things, and I told I must resist and everything will be ok. Maybe now we do not what life is. Life includes many tasting: sweet, spicy, sweat….. "Life is like as a box of chocolate, you never know you will taste next." Everyone never knows what they will taste next.
I always think if I have chance to choose my life, will I choose the way? I face the question, and I can not answer. Maybe, maybe a lot of maybe will be in my though. Now, I must have good everyday to me. I do, and I must.
I hope my all friends have good everyday.

2 comments:

nancykuo said...

Congratulation. It's good for you. You ask me before, but now you got it. I know you are good and smart lady. You will make it.

Unknown said...

Hello! I haven't written to you in a while. How are you doing? ... great I hope.

I understand how frustrating and frightening it can be to move to a new country. It can feel really lonely too, even with friends and family around. I am glad that you didn't give up and have stayed here to see what type of chocolate you will experience next. I hope it is a good one!

By the way, what subject and grade level did you teach in China? What are you plans after you finish your studies here?

Have a great weekend! Do you have any special plans for the Easter break? It is usually a beautiful time of year here- enjoy!